We call it Colony Care. It helps you achieve stress-free success through all phases of your residential move: planning, organizing, packing and unpacking - guided by our experienced move consultants each step of the way.
- Call your United agent. Set a date for the agent to visually survey your home and prepare an estimate.
- Show the agent everything that is going to be moved.
- Read the "Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual" (for full-service moves) to make certain that you fully understand the extent of the carrier's liability.
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service after you are sure you have a clear understanding of each section. If you have any questions, ask your agent to explain.
- Read our Moving Reminders Checklist
We know how valuable your belongings are to you, so we pledge to pack them safely. Our trained professionals and experienced team have the skills, techniques and materials learned from many years of experience.
If you choose to pack yourself, be sure to visit our page on Packing Tips
We wrap each piece of your furniture in a clean, quilted pad before loading it. For additional protection, we cover upholstered furniture in a layer of plastic before padding. This gives you added protection from soiling and dampness.
Colony Care means protection from hazards you can't always see. We treat all our vans, containers and pads with the Sanitized® process. This ensures a clean, fresh environment for your belongings: no mildew, mold, insects or unpleasant odors.
We recommend special crating for protection of large or fragile breakables such as marble tabletops, chandeliers, glass tabletops and flat screen TV’s. We’ll build custom wooden crates to safeguard them. During the planning phase please show us these items, and ask for details about crating.
Once we’ve arrived at your new home, you’ll want to get settled right away. If you choose our unpacking services tell us where things will go, and we'll unpack and place them in the rooms where they belong. This allows you to clean and get organized before putting things away. When unpacking is complete, we'll take away cartons and packing materials so you won't have to.
Value added Services
As a United Van Lines agent, we offer a useful aide to lighten your load during relocation. Step-by-step, it takes you through planning and organization of your move. See our FREE Moving Reminders Checklist.
What could be easier? Call us today at 800 374-0860 or get your FREE estimate.